A one part solvent based water repellent impregnation for absorbent cementitious substrates. It penetrates well into the open pores of the substrate, providing durable water repellency, while still allowing water vapour diffusion in both directions. Sikagard®-700 S complies with the requirements of EN 1504-2 for hydrophobic Impregnation (penetration depth class I)
- Reduction of capillary water absorption.
- Reduces efflorescence.
- Reduces dirt penetration into the pores.
- Improves thermal insulation.
- Can be overcoated with solvent based and dispersion coating.
- Higher durability and resistance than conventional silicone based treatments.
- Does usually not change the appearance of the substrate.
- Reduces chloride ion ingress and movement.
- Does not act as a vapour barrier.