Sika Passive Fire Protection Solutions
Sika provides comprehensive solutions where fire resistant construction is required such as commercial, public and residential buildings, steel structures and others.
Sika Passive Fire Protection solutions comply with the most relevant national and international standards (including EN, UL, EAD (ETAG), ASTM, AS, Certifire), in order to confirm that they meet the highest fire resistance requirements and consequently can help save people’s lives.
SikaBit PRO Bituminous Solutions
As a global leader in the manufacture of innovative roofing systems, we have launched a suite of advanced Bituminous Membranes that are perfect for high-performance flat roof installations. SikaBit® PRO range also includes reinforced bituminous systems that comply with the Safe2Torch guidance for safe roof installations.
SikaBit® PRO is a hybrid APAO roofing system which offers the best of both bitumen manufacturing technologies – flexibility and tensile strength of SBS modified membranes, along with UV stability of APP membranes. SikaBit® PRO range, also has a full suite of detailing materials to complement the completely flame-free Safe2Torch-compliant roof system.
Webinar Resource Centre
Stay up to date with the latest construction-material hosted by our inhouse industry experts. Browse the list below and register for any of our online CPDs and presentations.
Provides an awareness of the underlying contributors that lead to the deterioration of reinforced concrete. It also seeks to look at examples of and explain the primary cause of distress, gives guidance in selecting appropriate repair and remedial strategies and looks finally at modern material technologies. This includes repair mortars, corrosion inhibitors and protective coatings.
This CPD provides typical problems associated with car park structures and product selection criteria. The different applications of a waterproofing system and the management and maintenance of structures in accordance with the ICE document. Industry standards will be discussed and some representative case studies of both refurbishment and new build structures in line with the new British and European Standard BS EN 1504 will be shown.
This Sika Flooring CPD presentation aims to assist specifiers when designing and selecting flooring solutions that:
- Fulfil functional and aesthetic design requirements by selecting the right flooring
- The advantages and disadvantages of different flooring types and applications
- What to look for when choosing a flooring supplier
- Environmental and sustainability overview
- Design of flat roofs – cold, warm, protected, green, solar and blue roofs
- Design considerations - achieving falls, drainage and ponding, wind uplift, BRE accredited details, CDM, Sustainability and BIM
- Roof systems
- Installation, training and quality assurance
- Design Considerations - Choosing a single ply system and designing to best practice.
- Quality Suppliers - Support and services from single ply manufacturers.
- Guarantees - Flexibility and options.
- Industry and Legislation - Meeting standards.
- Sectors and Build Types - Considerations and methods.
- History and Group Information - On both Sika-Trocal and the Sika Group.
- Provide levels of required performance and guarantees
- Meet current and predicted legislative requirements
- Reduce the risk of litigation and associated consequences
In this webinar, we will cover:
- Introduction to Sika
- Profiled Metal Roofs and Refurbishment Requirements
- The new Sika Pro-Tecta range of systems – cut edge corrosion treatment and full waterproofing systems.
- Our range of coatings for specialist applications
- Sika’s full service and support
- Sika at work
This seminar analyses the different grades of use in accordance with BS 8102 - 2009 Protection of Structures Against Water from the Ground. Considers the various solutions of waterproofing both above and below ground available to the specifier.
- Special feature – Overview of updated BS 8102
- Satisfying the 3 grades of use in accordance with BS 8102 - 2009
- Protection of structures against water from the ground
- Rising water tables BS 8102 - 2009 standard overview
Aimed as an overview for architects in particular but of equal interest to any specifier involved in the creation of designs and specifications involving new build and refurbished facades and floor joint sealants.
- Discover why sealants should be a key factor in specification
- To learn what you should expect from a quality supplier