Safe2Torch is a National Federation of Roofing Contractors (NFRC) campaign to promote the safety by the reducing the risks of roof fires when torch-on membranes are used.
This application method is very important for roof areas, which requires torch free membranes, as example, timber roof deck or timber upstands, timber fillets, hanging tiles, thatched roof, rooflight Kerbs and upstands, cladding, lantern rooflights, confined space and window sill. Attention also should be given to concealed flammable materials where there is a chance the flame could travel and ignite particles in inaccessible areas, these include:
- Louvered vents, air ducts, intakes and outtakes
- Timber, DPC or sarking membranes beneath fixed metal capping systems
- Existing kitchen extraction plant coated in oils or fats
- Flammable wrapping to trunking/ducting
- Existing metal or plastic copings/cappings
- Existing vulnerable plastic curbs, domes, pipes