Sika® Galvashield® XP
Sika® Galvashield® XP Compact /XPT/XP2/XP4 embedded galvanic anodes are used in concrete rehabilitation to prevent the formation of new corrosion sites adjacent to completed patch repairs. Sika® Galvashield® XP Compact/XPT/XP2/XP4 anodes consist of a sacrificial zinc core that is activated by the surrounding specially formulated cementitious mortar. The Galvashield® XP range of anpdes utilize the contractor friendly "One-and-Done" single wire connection. Once installed, the zinc core corrodes preferentially to the surrounding rebar, thereby providing galvanic corrosion prevention to the adjacent reinforcing steel and mitigating ‘ Incipient Anode’ formation.
- Proven technology - supported by independent test program.
- Focused protection - provides localized corrosion protection where it is needed the most, at the interface of the repair and the remaining contaminated concrete.
- Economical - low cost method of providing galvanic corrosion prevention to extend the initiation of reinforcement corrosion around patch repairs.
- Versatile - effective in chloride-contaminated and carbonated concrete containing chlorides. Can be used for both conventionally reinforced and prestressed or post-tensioned concrete.
- One-and-Done connection - Innovative single wire connection can be installed up to 2 x faster than the traditional two wire connection.
- Low maintenance – requires no external power source or system monitoring.
- Grooved edges on Galvashield® XP2 and XP4 anodes assist with secure anode placement.
- CSP-3 Surface profile - Raised ridges provide increased surface profile to promote mechanical bond with repair mortars & concrete.
- Measurable – anode performance can be easily monitored if required.
- Does not cause hydrogen embrittlement.
- Long lasting – 10 to 20 year service life* reduces the need for future repairs.
- Full System – can be used in conjunction with Sika® FerroGard® and Sikagard® technology to offer a full corrosion management system.