Sika® FerroGard®-903+ penetrates the concrete and forms an adsorbed protective film on the surface of the steel reinforcement. The protective adsorbed film of Sika® FerroGard®-903+ reduces the rate of corrosion in carbonated and chloride contaminated concrete.
- a unique blend of non-toxic, organic corrosion inhibitor based on amino alcohol and salts of amino alcohol technology, designed for use as an impregnation on hardened reinforced concrete
- a multifunctional inhibitor which controls the cathodic and anodic reactions. This dual action effect significantly retards both the onset and the rate of corrosion and increases the time to future maintenance
- normally applied as part of a corrosion management strategy. It is compatible and a component of all the Sika concrete repair and protection systems.
Delay of the corrosion process:
- the dissolution of the iron in contact with water will be reduced thanks to this passi-vating protective film
- this film is also a barrier to the reduction of oxygen which will be prevented
Application of Sika® FerroGard®-903+:
Sika® FerroGard®-903+ is applied as an impregnation by spray, roller or brush onto the surface of the concrete. The corrosion inhibitor penetrates into the concrete and protects the reinforcement by forming a protective film on the steel surface. Through this the onset of corrosion is delayed and the rate of corrosion reduced.
Sika® FerroGard®-903+ is a clear colorless liquid which does not itself normally alter the aspect of fair-faced concrete. (Check if used in conjunction with chemical cleaners).
Sika® FerroGard®-903+ penetrates to a depth of 25 to 40 mm in 1 month dependent on porosity of the concrete.
Sika® FerroGard®-903+ reaches the surface of the steel through different transport mechanisms:
- During application of Sika® FerroGard®-903 Plus transportation is mainly by Capillary suction like water
- Sika® FerroGard®-903 Plus is later carried in solution by the penetrationof water-like chlorides
- Sika® FerroGard®-903 Plus also travels by gas diffusion-like carbon dioxide