SikaProof® A-12 is an embossed polyolefin FPO sheet membrane for pre-applied fully bonded below ground waterproofing of reinforced concrete structures. Membrane thickness 1,2 mm. SikaProof® A-12 is cold-applied without heat or open flames to prepared substrates or onto formwork before fixing reinforcement and concrete placement. The membrane has self-adhesive longitudinal strips for bonding overlap joints and is laminated with a unique sealant and a non-woven fleece backing layer which creates a bond with the cast concrete.
- Can be used as a methane and carbon dioxide resistant membrane when installed as a waterproofing membrane fully bonded to concrete according to BS:8485:2015+A1 2019.
- Will restrict the ingress of radon into buildings from naturally occurring sources
- Fully bonded to the reinforced concrete structure
- No lateral water underflow between the concrete structure and the membrane system
- Validated high watertightness
- High flexibility and crack-bridging
- Pre-applied, before fixing reinforcement and concrete placement
- Easy to install with fully adhered joints (no welding required)
- Cold-applied (no pre-heating or open flames)
- Good tear and impact resistant properties
- Temporarily resistant to weathering and UV-light during construction
- Highly durable and resistant to aging
- Resistant to aggressive elements in natural ground water and soil
- Can be combined with other approved Sika Waterproofing / Joint Sealing Systems